Re: 4 Primary partitions limitations

From: Stefan Knecht <knecht.stefan_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 22 Nov 2008 11:00:25 +0100

Why bother creating partitions ? Just use the devices directly in ASM. I dont really see any reason why you would want to partition them. Linux won't ever access those disks if you're using them in ASM, and ASM doesn't need partitions nor filesystems.

Stefan

Stefan P Knecht
Senior Consultant
Systems Engineering