Re: Creating single instance database on Linux with Oracle clusterware

From: Dan Norris <dannorris_at_dannorris.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2008 15:58:18 -0500

I've got a 6-node failover cluster using clusterware and don't have any issues creating DBs. We've decided to use locally-installed OHs on each node (managed through a single installer, just like RAC installs) and therefore, our OH isn't on shared storage. We're using OCFS2 for all the DB files and are able to DBCA-create a db directly on the OCFS2 filesystems.

Which part(s) of that are different for you?

BTW, this is on RHEL 4, 32-bit, RDBMS 10.2.0.4 + CPU OCT08, clusterware 11.1.0.6, OCFS2. Dan