Re: Creating single instance database on Linux with Oracle clusterware

From: Dan Norris <dannorris_at_dannorris.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2008 16:20:41 -0500

I don't think there's any reason that a shared OH *shouldn't* work--we never tried. That said, I personally don't feel that there's very much overhead with using local OHs since the installer installs all 6 nodes from a single session. When it's time to patch, I do a new OH, patch it up to whatever level we want/need, migrate DBs to use the new OH and eventually deinstall the previous OH after all DBs are migrated. That's been working well for us as we support 15+ DBs in our 6-node cluster.

Good luck!

Dan