RE: who created the table?

From: Goulet, Richard <Richard.Goulet_at_parexel.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2008 11:55:49 -0500

Joe,

    If memory is serving correctly there is no way to find out who created the table. The data dictionary only has information on the current owner and the object's name. By passing out the "create any table" system privilege you've lost control of who actually did it unless you have auditing turned on. In my databases no one other than DBA's have any of the "any" privileges.

Dick Goulet
Senior Oracle DBA
PAREXEL International
978.313.3426
 information transmitted in this communication is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon, this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you received this in error, please destroy any copies, contact the sender and delete the material from any computer.

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org
[mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org] On Behalf Of Joe Smith Sent: Thursday, November 20, 2008 11:35 AM To: oracle-l_at_freelists.org
Subject: who created the table?

How do I determine which user actually created a table?

I have a table named ???? under schema A. I have numerous schemas/users that have CREATE ANY TABLE system privilege. I have the OBJECT_ID of the table.

How do I join USER$, TAB$, and so on to find the actual user that created the table?

Thanks.

Windows Live Hotmail now works up to 70% faster. Sign up today. <http://windowslive.com/Explore/Hotmail?ocid=TXT_TAGLM_WL_hotmail_acq_fa ster_112008>