RE: Not my type- copying user defined types.- HELP!

From: Clarke, Andrew <andrew.clarke_at_logica.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2008 13:53:02 +0000

Howard

I don't think TOID_VALIDATE will help in your case - that applies to table columns which are built on user-defined types.

I don't think there is a solution using IMP/EXP. As you're on 10g, you could try datapump which does have the transform option which can handle this (see second run below).

clarkea:~$ impdp system remap_schema=APC:XYZ dumpfile=apc_dp_all.dmp

fails ...

<snip/>

ORA-39083: Object type TYPE failed to create with error: ORA-02304: invalid object identifier literal Failing sql is:
CREATE TYPE "XYZ"."TYPE1" OID '5B57AD3BB73CEEB5E040007F01016405' as object (attr1 number, attr2 number);
<snip/>

Job "SYSTEM"."SYS_IMPORT_FULL_01" completed with 2 error(s) at 13:23:44

clarkea:~$ impdp system remap_schema=APC:XYZ dumpfile=apc_dp_all.dmp transform=oid:n

succeeds...

Job "SYSTEM"."SYS_IMPORT_FULL_01" completed with 1 error(s) at 13:28:18

(The 1 error is the prior existence of the XYZ schema)

Cheers, APC

A P Clarke
Software Architect
Logica UK Public Sector Division