Re: San & single point of failure

From: ~Jeff~ <jifjif_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2008 12:22:39 +1300

we've had SAN failures too ... bad firmware which writes to the wrong disk (?!!!) when a mountpoint is hot added or extended. And this is on brand-name enterprise hardware, with a dedicated storage team ... nothing rinky-dink about it! (well, except the firmware)

So... I agree with the others - try and get the controlfiles on separate SAN disk groups, and local disk if you have it.

regards,
Jeff