Re: URGENT - nid and duplication issues

From: <jo_holvoet_at_amis.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2008 22:13:34 +0100

Ok ... so panic time is when you look over the simplest of errors ...

Instead of running "create controlfile reuse SET database ..." I was doing "create controlfile database ..."

Sigh. My pulse is back down to more manageable levels :-)

mvg/regards

Jo

             jo_holvoet_at_amis.c
             om
             oracle-l-bounce_at_f         oracle-l_at_freelists.org
             reelists.org                                               cc

                                                                   Subject
             17/11/2008 21:59          URGENT - nid and duplication issues

             Please respond to
             jo_holvoet_at_amis.c
                    om

Hi all,

sorry for the urgent flag but I have the following problem (and lots of people screaming at me):

9.2.0.8 on Solaris
Duplicated a DB. Before the duplication was finished, ran out of archived redo logs needed to succesfully finish.

According to R. Freeman's book, I could apply these afterwards (which I did, succesfully) and then run NID.

This fails with NID-00131 : controlfile is not current.

Trying to recreate then fails with mismatches between the duplicated DB name and the source DB name which is still in the headers ...

HELP ! mvg/regards

Jo

http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l Received on Mon Nov 17 2008 - 15:13:34 CST

Original text of this message