Re: How to migate OCRs and VDs to different storage device

From: K Gopalakrishnan <>
Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2008 11:40:47 -0800

Look for ocrconfig/crsctl commands .. It is simple (and online if you are 11g and need to shutdown the clusterware otherwise) . You didn't say the version. So I am bit careful here and assume it is 10g Here are the steps..

Shutdown the clusterware..

For OCR migration

#ocrconfig -replace ocr <new_location>
#ocrconfig - replace ocrmirror <newlocation>

For Votedisk

#crsctl query css votedisk
<get the votedisks>

#crsctl delete css votedisk <first votedisk> #crsctl add css votedisk <first_new_vote_disk>

Repeat the steps.

Check the clusterware admin guide or metalink for exact syntax. But the steps are similar to the above.

Best Regards,
K Gopalakrishnan
Co-Author: Oracle Wait Interface, Oracle Press 2004

Author: Oracle Database 10g RAC Handbook, Oracle Press 2006