Re: Huge MMON traces

From: Yong Huang <yong321_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 15 Nov 2008 12:43:36 -0800 (PST)

I forgot to say. It will be restarted. Here's my screen (instance name changed):

$ kill -9 20576
$ tail -f /home/oracle/oracle/product/10.2.0/db/admin/sidname/bdump/alert_sidname.log ...
Sat Nov 15 14:26:58 2008
Restarting dead background process MMON
MMON started with pid=16, OS id=1776
$ ps -fp 1776

UID        PID  PPID  C STIME TTY          TIME CMD
oracle    1776     1  0 14:26 ?        00:00:00 ora_mmon_sidname

pmon probably restarted it. At the time mmon was killed, pmon trace has a line about state object cleanup: KSS cleanup: kssdch_stage: possible loop ...

Yong Huang