Huge MMON traces

From: Hand, Michael T <>
Date: Fri, 14 Nov 2008 11:07:00 -0500

This is a HP-UX 11.23 machine with 30 or so 10g & 9i databases on it.

The problem was one volume's space maxing out. Found 4 db's with 2Gb+ MMON trace files with date stamps over 1 month old. Deleted these files and cleaned house on several others db's. Checking disk space shows the MMON trace file space was not released. I will look into note 422954.1 to try to avoid a recurrence, but in the mean time I would rather not have to shutdown a dozen db's to find the 4 that had the MMON problem.

Is there any method for finding which databases have these deleted trace files still open? Is there a way to close out a MMON trace without shutting down the db?

Mike Hand