Fwd: is it ok to tighten up extproc security?

From: Dan Norris <dannorris_at_dannorris.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Nov 2008 09:51:28 -0500

Sounds like everyone's recommending just removing it. Just in case you're the one site using extproc callouts, you might want to check dba_libraries to see if any have been registered. I'm not positive that an empty dba_libraries means that you're in the clear, but I'm pretty sure you'll see some obviously custom entries in there if someone has created a library for callouts.

I don't believe that Peoplesoft uses any extproc callouts (it sort of violates their "database-independent implementation" style).

Of course, you could just comment it out and wait for the phone to ring. That's probably what I'd do :).

Dan