RE: pa-risc to itanium migration

From: Fahrenfort, Keith (HP Shared Solutions Architect for Oracle) <>
Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2008 15:35:15 +0000

Hi Charles, are you aware of the detailed how-to doc that we provide off here - - it is the last link.

Also, if you plan to stay at 9iR2 when you move to HP-UX/Integrity, you will see a memory increase per Oracle 9iR2 process - plan on an extra 3MB per process. Once you move to 10gR2 (recommended since 9iR2 is end of life) on HP-UX/Integrity you will reclaim/free the RAM.

I hope this helps! Thanks!

Please let me know if you prefer to not receive email from me.

Keith Fahrenfort
Solutions Architect - Hewlett Packard
Solution Design Services for Oracle
Shared Solutions Architecture
HP Americas Solution Architecture
Call 1.800.424.0993 option2 or email to reach the Solution Design Team
For HP's privacy policy and contact information, please see