RE: multiple databases in a single RAC cluster

From: Matthew Zito <>
Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2008 23:14:50 -0500

Yes, absolutely, we have one customer who has an 8 node RAC cluster that's running 12 databases, each with between 2 and 8 instances, and a pile of other customers with 2-4 node clusters with multiple databases. I'm sure there's some internal limitations as to the number of services that can be registered in the CRS, but I doubt many people run into it.

Matthew Zito
Chief Scientist
GridApp Systems
P: 646-452-4090