multiple databases in a single RAC cluster

From: Bob <>
Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2008 21:12:51 -0500

Hi, As much as Ive been browsing / studying rac... Im looking for a definitive answers about how many "databases" can be on one rac cluster.

Say I want to have 4 independent databases on one cluster, is that possible? I understand one can easily have multiple instances pointing to a single database (sga, control_file, db_name, spfile, archive_dest, etc) but what about several independent databses?

Any documents referencing this?

I found this on ask tom... just wanted to confirm with this group, probably in a more concise manner.

So, How many databases (sga, control_file, db_name, spfile, archive_dest, etc) can be in a single rac cluster?