Re: * Oracle / SQL Server DBA Needed in St. Louis, MO

From: Rich Jesse <rjoralist_at_society.servebeer.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2008 14:02:12 -0600 (CST)

> Wow! Good luck finding that skillset in that salary range.

I have to confess that with my lowly AD in "Data Processing" (another from my class is/was on this list, too), I have no idea what benefit a Masters degree would be to a company looking to hire a DBA. Other than perhaps to weed out -- appropriately or not -- "lesser" candidates in an economical time when there may be more DBAs looking for employment.

Good thing my current company didn't have that requirement. My wife's the one with the Masters... :)

Rich