Windows 10.2 Oracle Net Manager Service Naming not responding

From: Carmen Rusu <rusucarmen_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2008 10:17:21 -0600

I am a Unix person called to debug someone else's 10.2 Oracle Client on Windows XP installation.

I am trying to use Net Manager to see the if it works correctly and if it displays the tnsnames.ora that I located in the right place.

Highlighted "Service Naming" - it doesnt show the content of tnsnames.ora

Whe I try Edit-> Create. and nothing happens, ie I dont get the Net Service Name Wizard.

It must be some windows permission problem. I tried the right click mouse command "run as" and cleared the "run this program with restricted access" check with no results.

Also checked the env variable PATH to the right Oracle software and it's ok.

Please help a poor unix person at lost in the windows world!

Thank you,

Carmen Rusu
Oracle dba on all unix flavors