Re: Oracle Streams and Uniqueness

From: Rajeev Prabhakar <rprabha01_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2008 09:49:38 -0500

Hello Niall,

We have two databases utilizing schema based replication (10.2.0.3, Linux - Oracle Streams)
and for at least some of the tables (that are being replicated), we do not have any primary or
unique or a substitute key in either of the databases and replication appears to be working fine.

So, unless something is happening under the hood (that is supposedly not obvious - streams
related), given what I am seeing in our environment, I would not agree with the second part of
the Analyst's statement (i.e. So each table in a Streams environment should have a primary
key, unique key constraints or a substitute key).

-Rajeev

On Mon, Nov 10, 2008 at 9:21 AM, Niall Litchfield <niall.litchfield_at_gmail.com> wrote:
> All,
>
> I am being told by a support analyst at Oracle re Streams that Oracle must be able
to identify uniquely and match corresponding rows at different databases.