Re: ASM LUN sizes and number of disks

From: hrishy <hrishys_at_yahoo.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2008 09:19:02 +0000 (GMT)

Hi Finn/Greg

I am still confused (although i do agree with ideas of Greg) Is there a paper which describes whats the ideal combination of disks and sik sizes for ASM.

I am using external redundancy should i still be worried about having only 2 disks ?

I am planning to add 2 2000Gb disks and then simulatenously drop the 6 50Gb disks so rebalance is a single operation

regards
Hrishy