Re: Standby abuse

From: bao jiejie <baojiejie_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 8 Nov 2008 08:09:19 +0800

I agree with Dominic,physical standby db files will be useful while you make some recover task, Logical standby can not support bfile,rowid, user defined types, and some types in the table which you can not distinguish by rows,
if your database do not contain those object which not be supported by Logical standby,
you can also try logical one.

And the new feature of 11g is that it can provide read ability while still applying the logs,
that means in 11g, physical standby db can also provide you for read access.