Re: Standby abuse

From: Niall Litchfield <niall.litchfield_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 7 Nov 2008 21:15:58 +0000

How well does Logical DG deal with tables that don't have primary keys or unique indexes? How many 3rd party apps are certified to run on a database that used to be a Logical Stdby? Is even Oracle Apps so certified? HA and DR is about more than just a technical data replication solution.

In addition I don't see why the 'advantages' listed below under "efficient use of resources" are actually advantages of logical stdby over physical either.

--
Niall Litchfield
Oracle DBA