Re: Greetings from an old Oracle-l'er!

From: <>
Date: Fri, 7 Nov 2008 11:38:23 -0500

Wow, i guess it has been that long.

Good to hear from people who've been around since the beginnings :)

Joe Testa, Oracle Certified Professional Senior Consultant
Nationwide Investments
Data Engineering and Administration

(Work) 614-677-1668

"John Kanagaraj" <> To:
11/07/2008 11:35 AM
Re: Greetings from an old Oracle-l'er!
Sent by:

Welcome back Bambi.

It has been about 10 years actually - Jared and I talked about this over the ACE dinner at the recent Oracle Open World. Jared created Oracle-l in 1998 'cos the other listserv sucked, and we traced the progress over the many hosting services..... There were a bunch of us who migrated over from the Quest PL/SQL and DBA pipelines to Oracle-l and we were all excited because the CBO was coming on stream in Oracle 7.x :)

On Fri, Nov 7, 2008 at 7:58 AM, Bellows, Bambi (Comsys) <> wrote:
> Hi Folks!
> I'm on a gig where I get to be a DBA most of the time again (as opposed
> an Apps DBA, which, as you know, is completely different)… so I thought
> would come back to the old stomping grounds and partake in the technical
> conversations that have been oracle-l's mainstay for the past 15 years
> so. Gosh, has it really been that long? Anyway, for all you
> hello, and for all you new folks, um, please ignore this intrusion into
> emailbox…
> Take care and talk to you soon!
> Bambi.

John Kanagaraj <>< (Sorry - not an Oracle blog!) ** The opinions and facts contained in this message are entirely mine and do not reflect those of my employer or customers ** --