Re: Greetings from an old Oracle-l'er!

From: <TESTAJ3_at_nationwide.com>
Date: Fri, 7 Nov 2008 11:38:23 -0500

Wow, i guess it has been that long.

Good to hear from people who've been around since the beginnings :)

joe

Joe Testa, Oracle Certified Professional Senior Consultant
Nationwide Investments
Data Engineering and Administration

(Work) 614-677-1668
614-312-6715

From:
"John Kanagaraj" <john.kanagaraj_at_gmail.com> To:
bbel5_at_allstate.com
Cc:
ORACLE-L <oracle-l_at_freelists.org>
Date:
11/07/2008 11:35 AM
Re: Greetings from an old Oracle-l'er!
Sent by:
oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org

Welcome back Bambi.

It has been about 10 years actually - Jared and I talked about this over the ACE dinner at the recent Oracle Open World. Jared created Oracle-l in 1998 'cos the other listserv sucked, and we traced the progress over the many hosting services..... There were a bunch of us who migrated over from the Quest PL/SQL and DBA pipelines to Oracle-l and we were all excited because the CBO was coming on stream in Oracle 7.x :)

John

--
John Kanagaraj <><
http://www.linkedin.com/in/johnkanagaraj http://jkanagaraj.wordpress.com (Sorry - not an Oracle blog!) ** The opinions and facts contained in this message are entirely mine and do not reflect those of my employer or customers ** --