RE: Schema comparison tool

From: Elliott, Patrick <patrick.elliott_at_medtronic.com>
Date: Fri, 7 Nov 2008 09:30:49 -0600

Nearly every tool available as these same limitations. TOAD is as good as any that I have seen. I don't think there are many tools that will compare two schemas like this and give you the DDL to make them the same. OEM 9i used to do it, but 10g EM doesn't (go figure).

I have never been able to run the DDL right out of the box, however. I always just use it as a shortcut to make it quicker to make the scripts myself.

Pat