RE: Concurrent Clusterware

From: Bobak, Mark <Mark.Bobak_at_proquest.com>
Date: Fri, 7 Nov 2008 02:09:03 -0500

I agree w/ K Gopalakrishnan, running more than one version of clusterware, while it may be technically possible, sounds like a really bad idea. Clusterware can be rolling upgraded, and newer versions of clusterware will support older versions of ASM database. I currently have 11g CRS, 11g ASM running on a cluster with both 10g and 11g RAC databases running, with no issues.

I can't think of any reason to run two versions of CRS on the same cluster.

Hope that helps,

-Mark

--
Mark J. Bobak
Senior Database Administrator, System & Product Technologies

ProQuest...Start here.

Author: Oracle Database 10g RAC Handbook, Oracle Press 2006
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/007146509X/

-- http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l -- http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l