RE: Temporal Databases

From: Michael Fontana <>
Date: Thu, 6 Nov 2008 16:24:27 -0600 (CST)

We also had a customer ask about it. It's sold as an optional feature with Oracle DW and BI, but involves a really careful data design.

In current business terms, a temporal database model would give financial analysts time period trend analysis for any number of P&L items, in the example I was presented.

Wish I could refer you to a particular example, but it gave me a pretty good-sized headache, as I recall.