RE: Temporal Databases

From: Pratap Singh -X (prsingh1 - Abacus at Cisco) <prsingh1_at_cisco.com>
Date: Thu, 6 Nov 2008 12:33:42 -0500

Temporal databases are time enabled databases. This does have overlap to Oracle flashback query but it is mostly used in data warehouse reference where database has columns like effective_start_date, effective_end_date so that snapshot as of certain point in time can be constructed.

Thanks,

PB Singh
Tech Project Manager
Ph: 408 424 2777
Email: prsingh1_at_cisco.com

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org
[mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org] On Behalf Of Niall Litchfield Sent: Thursday, November 06, 2008 2:15 AM To: ORACLE-L
Subject: Temporal Databases

Nope, not a Star Trek - Voyager reference though it sounds like one, but something that our CEO was asked about by a customer. I have to confess to never having heard the term. Other than FlashBack Query/Data Archive has anyone any experience/understanding of this term as it relates to Oracle?

--
Niall Litchfield
Oracle DBA