Re: Is Async IO being Used or NOT ?

From: LS Cheng <exriscer_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 6 Nov 2008 09:14:20 +0100

AFIAK ODM comes with Veritas Cluster Filesystem or Veritas Database Edition (they probably changed product name). The package is called VRTSodm

But an easier way is simply check if $ORACLE_HOME/lib/libodm* is linked to some third party driver, from alert you can also see messages if odm is used such as

Cluster communication is configured to use the following interface(s) for this instance
  10.100.70.13
Thu Sep 11 14:39:29 2008
Oracle instance running with ODM: VERITAS 4.1 ODM Library, Version 1.0 cluster interconnect IPC version:Oracle UDP/IP (generic) IPC Vendor 1 proto 2

There is another way, if odm is mounted you can see /dve/odm device

There is another way, tusc the oracle process and look for odm_io() sys calls

You can also check if file system is mounted with qio option, simply run mount as root it will show you

Regards

--
LSC