From: Jared Still <>
Date: Wed, 5 Nov 2008 14:40:38 -0800

On Wed, Nov 5, 2008 at 6:33 AM, <> wrote:

> On one of our databases (3 node RAC on Solaris 10), I see that
> indexes on the above 2 objects belonging to sys consume about 15% of the
> logical reads that happen, and are the top 2 segments experiencing the most
> logical reads. Can someone shed light on what these objects are?

As per ML Note 175982.1 I would suspect it has something to do with objects used in the data dictionary. You may have noticed there is a corresponding type for each table.

You'll probably need to open an SR to pursue this further:

select * from kottd$

ERROR at line 1:
ORA-30732: table contains no user-visible columns

*ORA-30732: table contains no user-visible columns* *Cause:* An attempt was made to query on a system table which has no user-visible columns.  *Action:* Do not query on a system table that has no user-visible columns.

Jared Still