Debug from a different schema

From: Michael Moore <>
Date: Tue, 4 Nov 2008 15:56:53 -0800

We have packages in schema DEV_APP our QA have individual schemas. For example, my schema would be MMOORE.

I would like our QA's to be able to run debugger (Oracle SQL Developer debugger) on those packages in DEV_APP.

What GRANTS, privs, etc would I need to give MMOORE so that he can debug packages in DEV_APP?

So far I have done:

*GRANT debug any procedure, debug connect session TO mmoore;*

*Grant execute on dev_app.calc_daily to mmoore;

When logged in as MMOORE, I can not even see DEV_APP.CALC_DAILY using DEVELOPER and drill down under "Other Users".

None of what I have mentioned is cross-instance ... it's all on the same SID. TIA for your help.