Re: Is there a list of things (automated tool or otherwise) to see if a DB install done by someone else is reasonably good (performance wise) for an application

From: Jared Still <jkstill_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 4 Nov 2008 11:30:30 -0800

I believe RDA is being deprecated in favor of configuration mgr. Could be wrong about that, but it's worth checking out, as RDA may not be available for future versions of Oracle.

I've used RDA numerous times, it will provide a lot of information about a database.

What it won't do for you is verify that the database is setup in a manner that conforms to the requirements of your applications.

A script that provides TRUE/FALSE regarding the 'correct' settings and and discrepancy data for FALSE indications would probably be more useful.

Unless of course you like to spend time looking at lengthy reports.

Jared Still