Re: Somewhat Perplexed - Very Sheepish - Totally Ignorant:SQPLUS after Upgrade

From: David Barbour <>
Date: Tue, 4 Nov 2008 12:08:56 -0500

orapr1_at_r3prdci1>which sqlplus

orapr1_at_r3prdci1>whence sqlplus

SQL*Plus: Release ** - Production on Tue Nov 4 11:33:50 2008

And I tried the whole thing on the QA server (which was upgraded at the beginning of September and I have the same issue. Ditto with the development server that was upgraded in August. Interestingly enough, I do not have the issue on our 'new' sandbox.

orasbx_at_sapsand>sqlplus / as sysdba

SQL*Plus: Release - Production on Tue Nov 4 12:07:14 2008

Copyright (c) 1982, 2007, Oracle. All Rights Reserved.

Connected to:
Oracle Database 10g Enterprise Edition Release - 64bit Production With the Partitioning, OLAP, Data Mining and Real Application Testing options

SQL> !ls

102_64                     sapbackup
Mail                       sapcheck
SAPupg                     sapdata1
brconnect_091708_1458.log  sapdata2
dead.letter                sapdata3
mbox                       sapdata4
mirrlogA                   sapreorg
mirrlogB                   saptrace
oraInventory               smit.log
oraarch                    smit.script
origlogA                   smit.transaction
origlogB                   sqlnet.log
saparch                    upgrade

SQL> Now at least I have a known 'good' set of pathing and variables to check against.