Recovery of offline datafile

From: md najeeb <>
Date: Tue, 4 Nov 2008 19:01:41 +0530 (IST)

Iam Mohammed Najeeb working in saudia arabia for al-haif company I have oracle 10g installed and the issue i want to discuss is accidentally one of my datafile belonging to opera_data tablespace has made offline.and when i try to make it online, i received error message that the file needs media recovery and i lost my archive log files.and that datafile is not much important for me.just i want to get out of error and want to drop the datafile or recover the datfile.          but the other datafiles are important and my database is plz suggest me what i should do to recover or to drop the datafile with no archives available.

Thanks & Regards
Mohmmed Najeeb