RE: Hints and a space

From: Bobak, Mark <Mark.Bobak_at_proquest.com>
Date: Sun, 2 Nov 2008 17:42:00 -0500

If I recall correctly, iit was a bug w/ PL/SQL somewhere around the 8.1.x timeframe.

I still add a space after the '+', to this day. Probably always will.....

-Mark

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org [oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org] On Behalf Of Tony Adolph [tony.adolph.dba_at_gmail.com] Sent: Sunday, November 02, 2008 3:27 PM
To: oracle-l
Cc: gary.northfield_at_vodafone.com; richard.griffin_at_vodafone.com Subject: Hints and a space

Hi All,

We're having a debate at work this morning about a space in a hint,... not clear so far, read on...

I remember from a few years back that if a hint was specified without a space after the plus sign it was ignored, so

/*+full(t) */ didn't work, but /*+ full(t) */ was good.

Was this the case a few releases back as it doesn't seem to be now,.. was it ever the case. I feel sure it was and have always used the space since - and for the last few years when reviewing code have always rejected code with hints without this space.

Cheers
Tony

--

http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l Received on Sun Nov 02 2008 - 16:42:00 CST