Re: keep/recycle in memory pool contents

From: fairlie rego <>
Date: Sat, 1 Nov 2008 22:54:14 +1100 (EST)

Don't have access to a system at the moment but I think you need to do a join with v$buffer_pool.

  I believe that in x$bh there is a column called buf# which should lie between the low and high buffer numbers in v$buffer_pool for both pools (KEEP and RECYCLE).

  Hope that helps

Christo Kutrovsky <> wrote:   Does anyone know how to differentiate between keep and recycle pools in v$bh? Seems like that they are included there but I am not 100% sure as the numbers don't add up properly.

Anyone has experience with this?

Christo Kutrovsky
DBA Team Lead
The Pythian Group -
I blog at

          Fairlie Rego
Senior Oracle Consultant
  M: +61 402 792 405

 Search 1000's of available singles in your area at the new Yahoo!7 Dating. Get Started.