RE: snapshot refresh

From: Michael Fontana <>
Date: Fri, 31 Oct 2008 14:47:22 -0500 (CDT)

<< But not all snapshot refreshes are performed via dbms_job. It has been possible at least since Oracle8i to perform a refresh on demand.

Paul Baumgartel
Information Technology>>

In the original problem statement, it was "refresh fast with primary key" and we were asked how to determine if the refresh was running.

A fair assumption would be to check for a job. It was also mentioned that this was a pre-upgrade check. I am assuming that once such a job is identified (as per the upgrade instructions), steps would be taken to prevent the job, hence the snapshot, from running before or during the upgrade?