RE: Executing wrong sql

From: Crisler, Jon <Jon.Crisler_at_usi.com>
Date: Fri, 31 Oct 2008 14:25:48 -0400

Make sure that if you are 10.2.0.3 that you have installed patch 5863277. This issue is found on most Unix platforms, but I don't know if it also applies to Windows.

If you have the same table present in multiple schemas, and execute the same sql cached in the pool, it may run against the wrong schema.

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org
[mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org] On Behalf Of Sandra Becker Sent: Monday, October 13, 2008 3:13 PM
To: oracle-l
Subject: Re: Executing wrong sql

We bounced the database and kept everyone out while we ran the PL/SQL script in question. I had a trace on the session running the script. It worked like we wanted it to, picking up the correct sql. Still don't know why we couldn't get it to change and use the new code though.

Thanks for all your help.

Sandy