RAC waitevent: gc freelist on one node

From: Ajay Thotangare <ajayoraclel_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 31 Oct 2008 07:47:36 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,
We have having a 3 node RAC and from last few days noticed performance of 1 of node has degraded. In V$session session of that node, I always see lot of sessions waiting on waitevent "gc freelist". I don't see this wait event on other 2 nodes where performance is not affected. Not sure if this wait event is indicating something. I could not find any documentation on this wait event Can somebody please explain me this wait event or point me to right document. Does this wait event looks related to degraded performance? Pls advice.
--Ajay

--

http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l Received on Fri Oct 31 2008 - 09:47:36 CDT

Original text of this message