RE: How to Compile a Custom Library

From: Vicki Pierce <vickipierce51_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2008 08:24:33 -0700

Until we can find a developer to compile the library, we have a work-around. I found out from another DBA here that this is a known problem - the environment variable LD_PRELOAD was set to point to this library in the custom environment file. Unsetting it allowed the Apps services to start and relink to work. I can test your suggestions myself on the development instance to see what happens.

Thanks again
Vicki Pierce

Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2008 20:27:27 -0700From: raindoctor@gmail.comTo: vickipierce51@hotmail.comSubject: Re: How to Compile a Custom LibraryCC: oracle-l@freelists.orgThe following blog post might be of help, if it is a program ur developers wrote. Otherwise, metalink/oracle SR would be of help.http://blogs.sun.com/rie/entry/wrong_elf_class_requires_consistent On Wed, Oct 29, 2008 at 7:42 AM, Vicki Pierce <vickipierce51_at_hotmail.com> wrote:

When I try to start the Apps services after the clone, I get an error regarding this library: ld.so.1: ps: fatal: /erp/11.5.10/appltop/cust_stuff/fnd/bin/libopenlibname.so: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS32If I don't need to recompile the library, then do you know what is causing the error? And how do I fix it? Thanks!Vicki Pierce

See how Windows connects the people, information, and fun that are part of your life. http://clk.atdmt.com/MRT/go/msnnkwxp1020093175mrt/direct/01/