Re: shared storage solution

From: Niall Litchfield <niall.litchfield_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2008 08:54:39 +0000

You cant really do cheap production shared storage. Your realistic choices are: a cluster filesystem or asm which both require a san/nas type solution or else a nas/nfs filer type solution. None of these are exactly cheap, though by enterprise standards they arent necessarily expensive either.

On 10/28/08, bao jiejie <baojiejie_at_gmail.com> wrote:
> yeap, what my concern is a cheap production RAC Linux environment.
> Any advice except SAN on HP or EMC ??
>
> On Tue, Oct 28, 2008 at 11:19 AM, <zhuchao_at_gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> So that is more for a testing pypurpose...

Niall Litchfield
Oracle DBA
http://www.orawin.info