RE: How to restore only archives from RMAN catalog

From: Bort, Guillermo <guillermo.bort_at_EDS.COM>
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2008 07:30:08 -0500

Something like

Export NLS_DATE='dd-mm-yyyy hh24:mi:ss'
Rman target /
Run {
Set until time '17-10-2008 00:00:00';
Restore database;
Recover database;
Alter database open resetlogs;

*Should* work

Guillermo Alan Bort
DBA / DBA Main Team

EDS, an HP company

-----Original Message-----
[] On Behalf Of Martin Klier Sent: Monday, October 27, 2008 10:22 AM
Cc: oracle-l
Subject: Re: How to restore only archives from RMAN catalog

you can give RMAN a regular date/time point-in-time for recovery, or a SCN, or a log sequence number, just look up the RMAN documentation.

RMAN> recover database until time 'sysdate -3';

Martin Klier

Shastry(DBA) schrieb:
> 2PM(in my case) in test environment. Please advice if there is a
> to restore only archives to the test server on some mount and then
> archives manually till the requested time, if suppose it is possible
> we mention the specific location to restore the required archives ( i
> believe we need to mention the SCN number to restore).

Usn's IT Blog for Linux, Oracle, Asterisk