RE: How to restore only archives from RMAN catalog

From: Bort, Guillermo <guillermo.bort_at_EDS.COM>
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2008 07:30:08 -0500

Something like

Export NLS_DATE='dd-mm-yyyy hh24:mi:ss'
Rman target /
Run {
Set until time '17-10-2008 00:00:00';
Restore database;
Recover database;
Alter database open resetlogs;
}

*Should* work

Guillermo Alan Bort
DBA / DBA Main Team

EDS, an HP company

-----Original Message-----
From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org
[mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org] On Behalf Of Martin Klier Sent: Monday, October 27, 2008 10:22 AM
To: shastry17_at_gmail.com
Cc: oracle-l
Subject: Re: How to restore only archives from RMAN catalog

Hi,

you can give RMAN a regular date/time point-in-time for recovery, or a SCN, or a log sequence number, just look up the RMAN documentation.

Example:
RMAN> recover database until time 'sysdate -3';

Regards
Martin Klier

--
Usn's IT Blog for Linux, Oracle, Asterisk
http://www.usn-it.de