Re: Cloning Oracle Home - 10gR2 different Windows O/S

From: David Ballester <>
Date: Fri, 24 Oct 2008 19:20:02 +0200

2008/10/24 S. Anthony Sequeira <>

> Time is short, because downtime has been scheduled soon for the
> production server, so we can copy the Oracle Home off. Won't hurt
> trying anyway, I guess.

When I was young ( 7.3.4 ) I usually cloned oracle installations ( client and server ) creating the same users/groups in the target hosts, giving them the same privileges. Recreated the same directory structure ( zip or network folder between machines ) copied the binaries ( no application running ) and after that extracted the oracle tree of the windows registry and imported into the target host

Of course, a lot of time ago. From 9i I usually work with unix servers and my desktop is only linux, don't know how windows as evolved this years