Re: Version of Oracle Database without connecting to the database.

From: Fuad Arshad <fuadar_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 24 Oct 2008 09:26:29 -0700 (PDT)

That is true but in my case i am going to have the oracle environment set up to always mimic the database server since this code will run on the same database server .

e,.g If the database is running oracle 10 the $ORACLE_HOME/bin/sqlplus -v will return 10 for that database which is what i want

  • Original Message ---- From: David Ballester <ballester.david_at_gmail.com> To: fuadar_at_yahoo.com Cc: Bradd Piontek <piontekdd_at_gmail.com>; oracle-l_at_freelists.org Sent: Friday, October 24, 2008 11:20:58 AM Subject: Re: Version of Oracle Database without connecting to the database.

2008/10/24 Fuad Arshad <fuadar_at_yahoo.com>

here is what i did to get my solution
sqlplus -v | awk -F"." '{ print $1 }' | awk '{ print $NF }'

the answer gives me what i was looking for

Thanks all.

May be I'm wrong but, sqlplus -v gives you the sqlplus binary version, not the server one. You can have a client in 11g and several databases in 11g, 10g, 9i... in the same host

D.
--

http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l Received on Fri Oct 24 2008 - 11:26:29 CDT

Original text of this message