Re: oracle and vpn

From: Jeffrey Beckstrom <>
Date: Fri, 24 Oct 2008 12:04:13 -0400

Don't forget that the listener will assign a new port once connection is established. Your firewall has to be Oracle aware.

Jeffrey Beckstrom
Database Administrator
Greater Cleveland Regional Transit Authority 1240 W. 6th Street
Cleveland, Ohio 44113

>>> "Li Li" <> 10/24/08 11:57 AM >>>
ask your network guy for firewall settings. you might be put in a vpn group with only permissions to access your desktop, your emails etc, but not necessarily direct access to your database servers. What I usually do is to remote desktop to my machine at work then work from there.

On Thu, Oct 23, 2008 at 2:08 PM, Dba DBA <> wrote:
> Ok, not specifically an oracle issue, but I am not sure where to post
> I am not a network admin. The place I am working does not have a
senior one.
> I can connect to VPN to a remote site.
> I cannot tnsping the database I was told are currently. I have the
full IP
> address. However, it is an internal 10.1.x.x IP address. I cannot
ping them
> either. This could be expect since alot of places block ping

Scanning of this message and addition of this footer is performed
by SurfControl E-mail Filter software in conjunction with
virus detection software.