RE: JBoss keeps sending select 'hello' from dual

From: peter bell <bellpk_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 24 Oct 2008 13:07:04 +0000

BEA Weblogic does it for each JDBC call if you have the 'TestConnectionsOnReserve' parameter enabled.

You can disable this parameter in Weblogic - you may be able to do the same in JBOSS.

However, you should check what the impact is on the app server / application before doing so (in our case we disabled it and haven't noticed any serious problems as a result).

br
peter

Catch up on all the latest celebrity gossip http://clk.atdmt.com/GBL/go/115454061/direct/01/