Re: oracle and vpn

From: Robert Freeman <>
Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2008 12:28:37 -0700 (PDT)

Setup your tnsnames.ora for the database in question and try to tnsping it...?

 Robert G. Freeman
Oracle Database 11g New Features (Oracle Press) Portable DBA: Oracle (Oracle Press)
Oracle Database 10g New Features (Oracle Press) Oracle9i RMAN Backup and Recovery (Oracle Press) Oracle9i New Feature
Blog: (Oracle Press) The LDS Church is looking for DBA's. You must be LDS to apply (please don't write to me and tell me I'm breaking the law. A church can choose to hire members of it's own faith. Look it up if you don't believe me).

  • Original Message ---- From: Dba DBA <> To: Sent: Thursday, October 23, 2008 1:08:39 PM Subject: oracle and vpn

Ok, not specifically an oracle issue, but I am not sure where to post this. I am not a network admin. The place I am working does not have a senior one.

I can connect to VPN to a remote site.
I cannot tnsping the database I was told are currently. I have the full IP address. However, it is an internal 10.1.x.x IP address. I cannot ping them either. This could be expect since alot of places block ping traffic.