RE: Diagram software

From: Clarke, Andrew <>
Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2008 09:49:29 +0100

I'm a bit surprised that nobody on the list has mentioned the SQL Dev Modelling tool.

It's an Early Adopter release, but don't worry: Oracle bought an established, polished product and ported it, so it's robust in use. It does pretty much all the things you'd want out of a modelling tool - forward and reverse engineering, logical and physical design, etc. but it is not yet a complete product which models every aspect of an Oracle database. However, I already prefer it to Schemester (my previous favourite free recommendation) not least because it runs on Linux (and Mac) as well as Windows.

Cheers, APC

A P Clarke
Software Architect
Logica UK Public Sector Division