RE: recovery catalog

From: Sweetser, Joe <JSweetser_at_icat.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2008 10:09:46 -0600

I have noticed some connection slowness at times if there are oodles (technical term) of backups still in the catalog. Have you ever run the crosscheck command? If so, have you deleted expired backups? I understand that some people don't ever want to delete backups from the catalog but a little planning can go a long way in keeping the catalog a little more manageable.

-another joe

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org
[mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org] On Behalf Of Joe Smith Sent: Wednesday, October 22, 2008 9:52 AM To: oracle-l_at_freelists.org
Subject: recovery catalog

What would cause a rman recovery catalog login to take a long time? On the order of minutes to complete.

I am just looking for some ideas to check out.

This is between the target database over to a server with the rman catalog.

There are no network issues between these two servers.

thanks.

Stay organized with simple drag and drop from Windows Live Hotmail. Try it
<http://windowslive.com/Explore/hotmail?ocid=TXT_TAGLM_WL_hotmail_102008

Confidentiality Note: This message contains information that may be confidential and/or privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, you should not use, copy, disclose, distribute or take any action based on this message. If you have received this message in error, please advise the sender immediately by reply email and delete this message. Although ICAT Holdings, LLC, Underwriters at Lloyd's, Syndicate 4242, scans e-mail and attachments for viruses, it does not guarantee that either are virus-free and accepts no liability for any damage sustained as a result of viruses. Thank you.