RE: Question

From: Bort, Guillermo <guillermo.bort_at_eds.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2008 12:43:01 -0500

Well, it would depend on how the column was created... perhaps they used number(1000000,1) ^_^

Though I must say I never saw an oracle invoice... so... can't really help

Guillermo Alan Bort

DBA / DBA Main Team

EDS, an HP company

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org
[mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org] On Behalf Of Taylor, Chris David Sent: Tuesday, October 21, 2008 3:16 PM
To: ORACLE-L
Subject: Question

Just curious if any of you guys have ever noted discrepancies in the billing amounts on the invoices Oracle sends your company?

We had an itemized invoice from Oracle and one of our managers actually added every line item and discovered that the "TOTAL" amount that Oracle calculated was different than the individual line item amounts. The difference was only a penny or two difference. Now we get to hear all kinds of "Oracle Math" jokes around the office.

Chris Taylor

Sr. Oracle DBA

Ingram Barge Company

Nashville, TN 37205