RE: Centralized auditing question

From: Elliott, Patrick <patrick.elliott_at_medtronic.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2008 10:37:02 -0500

I ran into the same problem. I solved it by logging directly into the remote database and pushing the data to the central auditing repository across a temporary database link. The temporary database link is needed because you must login as SYS in order to drop any rows from the sys.aud$ table. If any other user issues a "DELETE FROM SYS.AUD$" statement the database ignores it.

Pat