Re: OT Linux problem

From: Jared Still <jkstill_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Oct 2008 17:46:37 -0700

problem solved.

Windows authentication through is enabled on this server.

A user can logon with the same account that is used to logon to Windows servers.

There was a dba group in Active Directory.

ls -ldn revealed that rather than group 300, files set to dba by root were being created with the GID from Winbind.

resolution: rename the AD group from dba to ldba (not being used anyway)

Jared Still