Re: DG - Filesystem vs ASM

From: Syed Jaffar Hussain <sjaffarhussain_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 18 Oct 2008 09:44:30 +0300

My vote goes to ASM. If you have a chance to use ASM, go for it. It would reduce many burdens like, having many different regular filesystem mount points like (u01 and etc) , worrying about the space of the filesystem and etc. ASM gives more benefits, I would recommend you to read Nitin's presentations on ASM best practices.
Regards,

Jaffar

On Sat, Oct 18, 2008 at 9:39 AM, Prasad <p4cldba_at_gmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks Jaffar. by the way out of regular filesystem and ASM which one
> would you prefer and for any particular reason that you would like to share
> .
>
> thanks
> -Prasad
>
> On Fri, Oct 17, 2008 at 11:05 PM, Syed Jaffar Hussain <
> sjaffarhussain_at_gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> It really depends on decision how you want to design your DRC solutions.
>> Some people like to have exact setup and some people like to have different
>> setup for production vs DRC. If you ask my personal opinion, I would say go
>> for the exact setup between production and DRC.
>> Regards,
>> Jaffar
>>

>> On Sat, Oct 18, 2008 at 5:14 AM, Prasad <p4cldba_at_gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Greetings.
>>>
>>> I would like to know Lists opinion and suggestion regarding these
>>> three different type of Dataguard setup
>>>
>>> 1- Both Primary and Standby using regular Filesystem
>>> 2- Primary using ASM and Standby in regular Filesystem